St Nicholas Catholic Primary School
A popular academy based in Birmingham for children aged 4-11.
Catering for over 200 children, St Nicholas Catholic Primary School is a small academy based in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham. We spoke to Claire Noble-Barton (Head of School) about her experience using Medical Tracker throughout the school.
“Notifications of injuries to parents are now reliable! We can now check if parents have received them, improving pupil safety.”
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Parents no longer feel frustrated and out of the loop with their child’s health and wellbeing. Automatic parent emails are sent once an incident is recorded.
- By centralising all pupil health data, contact information and other important medical history (including medication administered) can be accessed (with a secure log-in).
- School staff save countless hours with automated parent communication.
Medical Tracker for schools
St Nicholas Catholic Primary School used paper-based notification slips, which didn’t always make it home to parents. Aiming to enhance health and safety provision across the school and engage parents positively, St Nicholas Catholic Primary School introduced Medical Tracker.
Claire can now highlight health and safety issue spots around the school, helping to increase staff supervision when necessary. She regularly creates accident reports for governors and her team. The software is easy to use and every staff member in the school uses it, ensuring total consistency.
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Claire finds Medical Tracker really easy to implement on the go, having access to it through a tablet or hand-held device.
- Parents are immediately notified in case of injury, improving communication systems.
- Consistency is achieved school-wide for all incident recording and reporting systems.
At A Glance
- Hours spent ringing parents to notify them of pupil injury.
- Paper slips were the main source of injury notifications, which often didn’t make it home!
- Parent frustration due to lack of communication about their child’s welfare.
Medical Tracker solutions
- Parents are automatically informed of injury and care administered.
- All health and medical information is kept centralised in one place.
- Parents are confident in the school’s health and safety provision.
“10/10 would recommend Medical Tracker to another school. Accident reports can be created easily and parents are much more involved in the first aid process (all whilst reducing staff workload).”
Head of School, St Nicholas Catholic Primary School.
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.