A large through school, supporting pupils from 2-16 years of age.
Supporting over 1015 students, Cavendish School caters for pupils from 2-16 years of age. Part of the Cavendish Education Trust, Medical Tracker is used to increase pupil safety and improve recording systems across the school. We speak to Jon Brown (Chief Operating Officer) for Cavendish School to find out the impact the online first aid software has had.
“Staff actually now enter more information about incidents and injuries than when we used a paper-based system; it is so easy for them to input using the dropbox format.”
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Parents are notified immediately about a child’s incident via the email system linked to your school’s MIS system.
- Teachers and first aiders decrease the time spent hand-writing injuries or incidents into paper accident books.
- Injury reports can easily be created for SLT and governors, demonstrating a high priority for health and safety.
Medical Tracker for schools
Cavendish School were recommended Medical Tracker by another school that enjoys using the software. They removed the need for paper-based injury systems and moved the whole school onto Medical Tracker (linked to your MIS, so the hard work is done for you).
The perception about beginning another online initiative was a wary one for getting staff on board initially. But once Jon explained the ease of the system, the support on hand from Medical Tracker and the impact this would make on the school, they were all on board.
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Jon regularly uses the Insights and Reports feature to demonstrate good health and safety provision to governors.
- All staff are aware of their own first aid responsibilities.
- Jon feels the school is safer due to being able to monitor trends of incidents effectively.
At A Glance
- Inaccurate and slow paper-based injury recording system.
- Staff time was taken up writing the incident and chasing parents up to notify them.
- Unable to create reports for SLT and governors from paper data.
Medical Tracker solutions
- Parents are automatically informed quickly and easily.
- Teacher and first aider time significantly saved.
- All incident information (including health and safety) is accessible in one place.
“Medical Tracker is just great. It saves so much time and manpower to complete first aid incidents online via a tablet or IPad. We would love to be your recommendation school, like we had!”
Chief Operating Officer - Cavendish School
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.