Prendergast Vale School
NOR: 833 pupils from age 3-16 years.
Prendergast is a through-school from nursery to GCSE; they joined Medical Tracker due to their designated first aider leaving the school. The ideal opportunity to search for a cost-effective and easy-to-use online first aid software. Medical Tracker has eliminated the need for duplicate record accident books and has improved their process for recording and reporting first aid incidents.
Let’s look at their challenges and the impact Medical Tracker has had whole school.
- Paper-based accident book was the only form of injury and incident recording method. Untrackable and time-consuming, the school relied on set members of staff recording first-aid incidents.
- Parents often not being informed of their child’s injury due to injury slips not making it home, staying in school bags and being forgotten about.
- Pupils’ medical condition information, parent contacts, injury history and IHCPs were all split across several systems making access challenging and delayed.
Prendergast Vale School booked training for their administrator, the main contact for the school. Medical Tracker was introduced whole-school, with the MIS system immediately linked for all parents’ contacts.
- Parents now immediately notified of injuries (particularly head injuries).
- All staff can record first aid incidents easily using mobile devices or laptops.
- Staff notified of any incidents linked to pupils in their class or form group.
At A Glance
- Parents were not always informed of injuries or incidents.
- Time-consuming paper-based accident record book used.
- Pupils' medical history difficult to find.
Benefits of Medical Tracker
- Parents automatically informed of injury and medical care given.
- Staff notified of pupil injury from their class or form group.
- Injuries and incidents recorded via mobile devices quickly.
Medical Tracker has so many easy-to-use features. It is a good system for managing medical conditions, medication administration and incidents across the whole school.
Prendergast Vale School
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.