Etwall Primary School
NOR: 313 pupils from age 5-11 years.
Etwall Primary School is a village primary school in Derby. A community setting that supports children from 5-11 years of age. Michelle Jenkins (School Business Manager) was familiar with Medical Tracker, having used the online first aid software at her previous school. Etwall wanted to be able to access previous incident reports and to have an easy system for investigating incident hotspots across the school. Michelle shares her experiences and recommendations of Medical Tracker.
If you had a claim against the school in 15 years, could you find the relevant accident slip?
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Abolishes time-consuming paper-based incident recording methods like carbon copy paper slips for injuries.
- Previous injuries or incidents are accessible immediately, with the option to now include witness statements. Protecting your school from potential accident claims. Parents are automatically informed of pupil injuries and medical care during the school day.
- Parents are automatically informed of injuries and the medical care their child has received.
- GDPR-compliant systems ensure all incidents are kept securely stored.
How is Medical Tracker used across the school?
Etwall Primary School use Medical Tracker to record and report all first aid incidents across the school. They have abolished the need for ineffective paper-based accident books and are now able to track hotspots where the incidents take place. All staff are given a group twilight training session and offer an open door policy for any questions on the software.
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Michelle and the SLT can track and investigate any serious incidents that occur on and offsite.
- The incidents can be analysed to see hotspots or areas of improvement for health and safety.
- All staff can now record first aid incidents and are notified of any class pupils’ injuries (including bumped heads).
- Parents are automatically informed of any recorded incidents via email, setting their minds at rest by detailing the medical care provided too.
At A Glance
- Couldn’t access incident history.
- GDPR compliance concerns
- Parent communication.
Medical Tracker solutions
- Replaces carbon copy paper slips.
- Past incidents are easily accessible.
- purposeful parent communication.
- Keeps pupils’ special data secure.
If you had a claim against the school in 15 years, could you find the relevant accident slip? Medical Tracker helps us to stay GDPR compliant and answers any parents’ queries immediately by being able to search previous incident history.
Business Manager - Etwall Primary School
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.