Jesse Gray Primary School
A vibrant primary school supporting children between the ages of 4 and 11 years old in Nottingham.
Accommodating over 420 students, Jesse Gray Primary School is a popular school based in West Bridgford, Nottingham. We spoke to Louise Orange (School Business Manager) about their experience using Medical Tracker across the whole school.
“Our experience with Medical Tracker has been excellent! Everyone loves it, from staff to parents, and it has hands down improved EVERY aspect of accident and record keeping.”
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Parents were missing injury slips due to them being buried at the bottom of a bag, Medical Tracker automatically informs parents, keping the children safe.
- The drop-down boxes to record an incident remove the need to think about handwriting or correct spellings of illnesses or pupil’s names.
- Reports now take seconds. Hotspots of injuries or pupil illness patterns can now be tracked easily.
Medical Tracker for schools
Jesse Gray Primary School were using tear off duplicate accident books to record pupil’s injuries. Taking a long time to write and then record the copy safely, the staff were stretched for time and there was no guarantee that the parents saw the injury slips at the end of the day.
All staff and parents love Medical Tracker at Jesse Gray. Louise explains that with minor cuts and grazes they can almost be forgotten about once the parents have been automatically informed, no more trying to catch the parents at the end of a busy school day!
The school staff at Jesse Gray found the onboarding and support process with Medical Tracker super easy and simple with every staff member using the software to input incidents from the Headteacher to the midday supervisors.
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Louise regularly makes governor reports highlighting areas where the most incidents occur (which help the health and safety and risk assessments too!)
- Parents are now informed of every injury and incident linked to their child (including medication administration) they feel so much more involved in the process.
- There is now total consistency in all incident recordings as the standardised format leaves no room for error.
At A Glance
- Tear-out duplicate record books were arduous and unreliable.
- The school had no means of creating regular first aid reports.
- All accident information was scattered across the school in several books.
Medical Tracker solutions
- The whole school has peace of mind parents have been automatically notified of injuries.
- Consistency of medical information recorded.
- Regular reports are created for governors at the click of a button.
“10/10 would recommend Medical Tracker to another school. We can now pinpoint which pieces of equipment have higher injury risks and even target children with injury patterns to give them support.”
School Business Manager, Jesse Gray Primary School.
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.