St John the Evangelist CE Primary School
Christian faith school based in Oxfordshire and supports children from nursery to Year 6.
Working closely with the school and local community, St John the Evangelist CE Primary School works hard to give children the feeling of safety and support. We spoke to John Andrews (School Business Manager) to hear his experience of using Medical Tracker across the school.
“We were using so much paper, and all of our medical information was all over the place. now it’s centralised, and the staff love it!” John Andrews.
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Parents are informed of injuries, but the staff time saved through the system is our biggest win!
- The access to health care plans and the clarity on medication administration are invaluable in keeping our practices safe
- No longer are school staff spending hours finding contact details, leaving messages and having back-and-forth conversations with parents- it’s so quick and easy
How is Medical Tracker used across the school?
St John the Evangelist CE Primary School was stuck in a paper-intensive injury slip system. Hours of school staff time spent every day contacting parents, arranging for children to be picked up and communicating medication administration. The team were struggling to keep all medical information together in an effective way.
Then came Medical Tracker! John explained how easy the training system was and celebrated how the staff all needed minimal support to be up and running. The school now has a uniform system and it has shaved the time spent reaching out to parents significantly.
The school’s SENDCo uses Medical Tracker to easily produce reports for governors, saving even more admin time with accurate data
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Saved school staff significant time costs by offering automated parent notifications.
- Centralised all medical information.
- Made creating medical reports simple for SENDCo.
- Parents are automatically informed of any recorded incidents via email, setting their minds at rest by detailing the medical care provided too.
At A Glance
- Using a lot of paper for injury slips.
- Staff time taken to record the incidents.
- Phone calls to parents eating school staff time.
Medical Tracker solutions
- All the information we need is online- no more paper slips!
- Staff can record an incident in under a minute, and it’s all in one place.
- Parents can receive a notification immediately to say their child will be going home due to an injury or illness.
I can’t recommend it enough! I’d even be happy to show other schools how to use it, as it’s so very simple! It’s most definitely positively impacted our school first aid provision.
School Business Manager at St Johns the Evangelist CE Primary School
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.