Stocksbridge High School
NOR: 850 pupils from Year 7-11.
Stocksbridge High School is a mixed secondary school, which is a part of the Minerva Learning Trust, based in South Yorkshire. Stocksbridge introduced Medical Tracker across the school to remove the need for paper-based accident books or using a dreaded Excel spreadsheet to try to track first aid data. Lisa, the School Business Manager, shares how Medical Tracker is implemented across their school.
“Having all the pupils’ medical data in one place is so much easier than using an Excel spreadsheet or paper record book”
What problems does Medical Tracker solve?
- Stocksbridge High School has more than 850 pupils on roll. Making recording and monitoring incidents and injuries effectively a challenge. Medical Tracker removes the need for paper-based systems with all medical, first aid and incident recording being in one place.
- Staff can now access important medical information about first aid incidents that have occurred throughout the day, previous medical history and patterns and parent contact information. Reducing the communicative interactions with the back-office team.
- Lisa can easily create reports for governors and the senior leadership team of the Minerva Learning Trust. She can monitor the health and safety aspects of incident recording, tracking hotspots and trends.
Medical Tracker for schools
Stocksbridge High School use Medical Tracker across the whole school, recording and reporting accidents and near-miss incidents easily. The training provided for Lisa when she joined the school was helpful and her transition to using the online software was seamless.
What impact has Medical Tracker had on first aid provision?
- Injury trends and patterns can be highlighted easily.
- All staff are now included with the first aid recording system, making it a consistent approach across the school.
- A cost-effective way to stay DfE compliant for health and safety and first aid.
At A Glance
- Time-consuming paper-based system.
- Lack of accessibility for staff.
- Unable to monitor and track incidents.
Medical Tracker solutions
- Digitises all first aid recording and reporting.
- All staff can access pupil medical information.
- Reports created for governors.
“Ofsted seemed impressed with the system because we can pull up the data, and how we use it so easily. If you’re considering joining Medical Tracker, I’d say go for it!”
School Business Manager - Stocksbridge High School
It helps me with our site manager and look at health and safety improvements. For example, In technology, the bulk of our injuries were eye injuries and it was through not wearing safety goggles. So we were able to locate what health and safety issues are happening in departments.
School Nurse, Kennet School
Parents receive instant notifications when incidents or medication administration are recorded. A full communication audit trail is saved. This helps parents feel that their child is well looked after at school- great for Ofsted!
Bursar,Bugbrooke Community Primary School
It's a really simple solution to a complex problem. I can't think why no one has come up with it before now. It’s also easy to get support and the system is being developed all the time.